Thursday, May 22, 2008
"My hair-style is a frohawk. The back of my hair is a mohawk, the sides are buzzed, and the top of my hair is bought to the middle. I usually first straighten my hair for half an hour, especially the back, and then i use "TRESemme" hairspray to spike it up. I just put my head down and spray. I use to use wax and gel, but hairspray puts a better look on my style. It gives the dry look that I have been looking for."
Monday, May 19, 2008
Tina Turner Tour Expands: Jaunt now includes second nights in several cities.
The initial round of North American dates went on sale May 10 and the first gig--Oct. 1 in Kansas City, MO--sold out in two minutes, according to a press release. Because of the overwhelming response, promoters have decided to tack on extra performances – taking the number of shows to 24.
Soundcheck arrives in Las Vegas for an exclusive audience with Panic At The Disco! Dubbed as one of the most innovative bands, they spent time with lucky NYC fans, previewed tracks from their latest album 'Pretty. Odd.' and talked about fame, funk and got the low down on Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy. Check out their full performance on Soundcheck, the original performance series where you get up close and personal with your favorite artists.
Panic at the Disco Soundcheck session
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Panic at the Disco is an American band that was formed in 2004 by childhood friends (and now band mates) Ryan Ross and Spencer Smith in Las Vegas, Nevada. Its current members include Brendon Urie (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Ryan Ross (guitar, keyboards, vocals), Spencer Smith (drums, percussion), and Jonathan Jacob Walker (bass guitar, vocals). Former member Brent Wilson (original bass guitarist) left the band in 2006 and was later replaced by Walker. Panic at the Disco released their first album “A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out” in 2005, featuring their first and most popular single to date “I Write Sins Not Tragedies.” Other songs in the album include “But Its Better If You Do,” “Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have without Taking Her Clothes Off,” and “Build God, Then We’ll Talk.” The album eventually turned platinum in 2006 after having sold more than one million copies. Just recently, the band released their follow-up album “Pretty. Odd.” The first single in this album, “Nine in the Afternoon,” was featured during one of the episodes of the hit TV series “Heroes.” They are signed under Decadence, a record label owned by Pete Wentz of the band Fall Out Boy, a band considered by many as emo. Emo or not, Panic at the Disco is definitely one band to look out for!
Friday, May 9, 2008
To achieve this hairstyle you need a good haircut, a good wax, straightening iron and a lot of time to kill.
After applying your wax, style your hair using a straightening iron. You hair has to be thick or else the spikes will just fall down. It would stay that way in a few hours if done properly and if you do not change the temperature and humidity of the room. Asian hair is normally thick and flat so you won't have trouble with those factors.
Have you seen anybody with that exact style on the streets?
If you say no, that's because it's styled for a fashion look. You have to apply tons of products (probably hair glue) or wax ( like the american crew fiber or paul mitchell dry wax) if you'll wear that outside and hangout by Starbucks. Plus it will look untidy after a few hours knowing the humid climate on where you're at.
Spiky hairs in asian countries cannot last for the whole day without refixing it every so often. I've seen Christian from project runway iron his hair while applying wax to attain a similar hairstyle so I think this one's like that. However, I think you should start finding a good stylist who could at least cut your hair to suit this kind of styling. Good luck on the money your gonna spend to all those styling products.
Go for it. It looks nice. It looks like it got styled with blade by chopping big chunks and fining it by groups.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Jenna Bush, first daughter of American president, will get married on Sunday
Her wedding gown, however, was the creation of Oscar de la Renta, a top New York designer and favorite of the first lady's. It's made of organza, a sheer fabric, with embroidery and matte beading. Jenna has described the dress as "simple and elegant."
For the bridesmaids, New York designer Lela Rose, a native of Dallas, has made silk crinkle chiffon, cocktail-length dresses all adorned with handmade chiffon flowers. There are seven different styles of dresses in seven different colors that match the palate of Texas wildflowers — blues, greens, lavenders and pinky reds — that currently are in bloom.
"No two girls will be in the same dress," said Rose, whose father and Bush were general managing partners of the Texas Rangers.
The maid of honor will wear a long, shimmering, moonstone blue silk gown with a fluttered open back. "It's very soft blue," Rose said. "It really matches Barbara's eyes." The dress is accented with a silver sash to complement those used for the bridesmaids' dresses.
Bush may be commander in chief, but outnumbered by three women — his wife and twin daughters — he hasn't gotten to weigh in much on the wedding planning.
"They're letting me spend money," Bush joked in February.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Our hair denotes our identity. It is one of the most important aspects in our body. If our hair is beautiful, we feel great and confident. Out of various hairstyles we make, Emo hairstyle is one of the best. An emo hair, is a style created by your own, a style that is completely different from the others.
Here are some tips for creating an emo hair:
Here are some tips for creating an emo hair:
- Mess around with your hair until you get it how you like it without the part. (there are some general rules about parting hair, and if you want a side part then I'd say pick which side of your face you like better and part it 1/4 way from the side.)
- To get the visible part out of your hair, you need to bring your hair forward from much further back (closer to the crown of your head). Also, layer at the top (sort of a scene mullet.)
- Blonde hair works great with emo hair, you can add some cool, brightly hued highlight. Dye it black, plum or navy or get brown w/ blue, black and plum streaks.
- To make your hair grow, do cornrolls and use organic shampoo.
- Emo hair won’t look good with a round race. Try long hair with layers and bangs off to one side instead.
- You can dye your hair with a dark, shiny, sexy shade like a black-pink combination or a dark brown, which are the most common colors.
- You can highlight the tips of your hair with purple or blue that should be well mixed with the above used color.
- Go like heaps of layers and longish kinda spike at the back with all different color blondes through it.
- Leave it long, color it black and get thick blunt front bangs that go down to your eyes but don't cover them. If you are exotic looking, you can pull off black. Maybe get a chunk of blonde to peek through the side (one side only.) Layer the front around your face.
- Spiderweb isn’t that great. Try some smoky eyes instead.
- Unfortunately you can never not have a part in your hair, unless maybe you’ve got an afro that sticks straight out everywhere. There are two types of parts, your natural part (where your hair naturally falls) and a forced part (one you force yourself). Just train your hair to go where you want it to by forcing it into that position everyday until it falls that way itself.
- When you need a more laid back kinda look you can just have it straightened with a bit of hair spray for volume.
- Emo hairstyles needs a lot of maintenance such as blow drying, STRAIGHTENING, & coloring. Invest in good straighteners!
- Emo hair can look good on a guy but NEVER take it to the point where people can’t tell your gender.
- Photobucket is your friend ;)